3. Keto Puree with Dal Tadka
Keto Puri Recipe :
Indian Loves Puri and in Keto diet yes you can eat them. Soy flour and almond flour are great substituent to wheat flour, given the low carbohydrate count and high fat and protein count. Yes, protein in essential in a keto diet as well, as we have previously discussed. So, this combination is ideal for the recipe.
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup soy flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp inulin powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan gum
- 2 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups coconut oil for frying
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 10-15 grams egg replacer
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp coconut powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp chili powder
How to make:
- Mix all the dry ingredients listed above and knead dough using ghee and water. The dough should be of medium smooth consistency.
- Separate dough into balls and roll them separately into a size of puri using a rolling pin.
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan and start frying each puri individually until goden brown. Flip the side to fry it evenly on both sides.
- Drain out excess oil from the puri using tissue and serve hot.
Keto Rasoi is the source of inspiration for this recipe.
Use Lentils or Dal in Limited quantity, we cannot skip Lentils as Vegetarian, as they are one of main source of protein. But since they are high in carbohydrate content, we need to use just a small quantity to balance the protein and carbohydrate content.
We will also use another weight loss food Spinach.
Fat– 15.6 g & Protein– 5.1 g
Carbohydrates– 9.1 g & Calories– 206
- 50-60 grams red split lentils
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Wash the dal and let it soak in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat ghee in it. Add cumin seeds and garlic and let it splutter for a while.
- Add the dry spices which are turmeric powder and red chili powder and let it cook for a few seconds.
- Now add the dal to it and mix well. Add 2-3 glasses of water and mix well again. Add salt and shredded spinach.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook until 3-4 whistles. Turn off the stove and let it sit for a while.
- Serve with coriander leaves or plain.
A uniquely curated recipe by KetoforIndia.