PYAZ KI KACHORI (Onion Kachori) most probably originated in Rajasthan but are today popular throughout India.
Hot & Delicious pyaz ki kachoris or aloo pyaz ki kachoris are a favorite at most namkeen shops in Rajasthan.
Check out this Interesting Brain Twisting Asaan Hai Ultimate Game Challenge & see if you can answer the questions. Join the challenge now….
Like all forms of kachoris, the PYAZ KI KACHORI (Onion Kachori) are eaten with a sweet and spicy tamarind chutney.
The perfect example of Indian Snacks, you can make pyaz ki kachoris or aloo pyaz ki kachorispyaz ki kachoris or aloo pyaz ki kachoris before hand and re-heat them in microwave just before serving.
Recipe to make 12 PYAZ KI KACHORI (Onion Kachori).
For the dough (outer crust):
- 2 cups maida (plain flour)
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the onion filling:
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons besan
- 1½ teaspoons green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds (saunf)
- salt to taste
Oil (for deep frying)
Procedure to make PYAZ KI KACHORI (Onion Kachori)
For the dough (outer crust)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead or about 5 to 7 minutes into a semi-soft dough with enough water.
- Divide the kneaded dough into 12 equal balls and keep covered with a wet muslin cloth.
For the onion filling
- Heat oil in a pan. Add nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Add besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix. Remove the bay leaves and discard. Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Once the mixture is cool enough, divide it into 12 equal parts.
How to proceed
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 2-2.5 inch diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre of this dough circle.
- Slowly stretch the dough over the filling & seal the ends tightly. Remove excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 2.5-3 inch diameter circle. Be cautious as to not spill out the filling due to the rolling pressure. Gently press the centre of the kachori with thumb.
- Make 11 more kachoris in a similar manner as explained above by filling the dough sealing the edges & rolling.
- Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till they are golden brown.The kachoris should puff up just like puris, though kachoris may take a longer time to fry than puris due to the thick crust and also because this needs to be cooked on the insides also.
- Serve hot with chutney.
We hope you liked our recipe for making delicious PYAZ KI KACHORI (Onion Kachori) & will try it at your home during this lockdown period.
Stay tuned coz we will be sharing many more Make at Home Easy Indian Vegetarian Food Recipe.